11 Feb 2009

A Naked Knitter Card

I went to a novelty shop to get a Get Well Soon card for my husband's grandmother.
Then I was reminded that it's St.Valentine's Day in 3 days by all those pinks and reds and hearts and cheesy messages in the shop.
The half of what was sold there was Valentine's Day cards.

This year, my husband and I are eating some Chinese take-away on the 14th of February with my father-in-law and his fiancee at our house.
My husband is a flowers-and-candles kinda guy and wasn't keen on the idea of having them visiting us around this time of the year, but I told him I didn't mind. We can't go out for a romantic whatever anyway because of our short person.
A bit sad but I'm cool with it.

After I picked a card for my grandmother-in-law, I started looking for something pink&red for myself. Big hearts, small hearts, "You make me complete", "Love was just a word until you gave it a meaning", blah blah blah.
There was nothing that suited my feeling.
I chose one with no message. It's not even a Valentine's Day card.
But I think it's a perfect card for my husband and me.

It will be hidden in my drawer until my father-in-law and his fiancee have finished their house tour.
Or even better, it will be in my husband's sock drawer until they've left.
A card that needs to be hidden.
That's what makes this card a perfect Valentine's Day card.